Business and Human Rights Masters course
The Business and Human Rights Masters course will explore the links between human rights and corporate activity across global operations and throughout supply chains. The course is hosted by the Department of Comparative Politics, University of Bergen, the Rafto Foundation for Human Rights, and the Institute for Human Rights and Business.
Three weekend sessions in 2019 at the University of Bergen:
1: 20. - 22. September
2: 1. - 3. November
3: 22. - 24. November
The course is taught by a faculty of global experts from the worlds of business, academia and civil society.
Training and discussion will focus on:
• giving practical guidance for developing corporate strategies and due diligence consistent with international human rights standards
• emerging sector-specific and thematic issues on the human rights and business agenda
• assessing the effectiveness of existing efforts of relevance in Norway and globally
• dilemmas where local standards and rules vary from and sometimes contradict global standards or policies
• case studies in a range of industries, led by business experts.
This course is available to masters students, professionals and anyone interested in business and human rights. A bachelor degree or equivalent and at least two years’ work experience required.
The course counts 15 credit points and will be offered in English.
Fee NOK 19,000.
Application deadline is 15 Aug 2019.